Whether you are interested in nonprofits, International Development, or local organizations, this is the session for you! Representatives from a number of local organizations that work internationally will be speaking. The representatives will have information on various career opportunities, events, and more!
Panelists will include members of the following organizations:
- Cameroon Football Development Program
- Global Links
- Global Pittsburgh
- Global Solutions Pittsburgh
- Haitian Families First
- Office of Refugee Services, Jewish Family & Children Service
- Pittsburgh Cares
- Vibrant Pittsburgh
- Reduce petty theft and delinquency
- Reduce incidence of teenage pregnancy
- Reduce incidence of HIV/AIDS transmission
- Provide organized, structured recreational activities
- Increase the accessibility of professional skills development and training
- Promote self-reliance and self-employment
Global Links is a medical relief and development organization dedicated to promoting environmental stewardship and improving health in resource-poor communities, primarily in Latin America and the Caribbean. Its two-fold mission provides hospitals with a socially and environmentally beneficial alternative to sending hundreds of tons of still-useful surplus materials to landfills.
Global Pittsburgh improves global competitiveness by promoting the Greater Pittsburgh Region, attracting international leaders, influencers and students, and engaging them with regional leaders, companies, educational institutions and organizations.
Global Solutions Pittsburgh provides nonpartisan, internationally-focused education to schools and communities throughout western Pennsylvania. Its goal is to:
- Cultivating global awareness and engagement in our region through innovative educational programming and strategic partnerships;
- Supporting global education in schools through direct student engagement, curricular support, and teacher professional development;
- Promoting respect for human rights by educating citizens and facilitating collaboration within the regional human rights community.
Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Pittsburgh (JF&CS) mission is to improve the quality of life of children, families and adults of all ages throughout the Greater Pittsburgh area by providing psychological, employment and social services. JF & CS is an acknowledged leader in helping immigrants and refugees resettle and successfully build new lives in our community.
Pittsburgh Cares mission is to maximize the impact of our regional nonprofit partners by mobilizing volunteers and engaging the community through positioning Pittsburgh as a national leader in growing a sustainable culture of volunteerism and community involvement.
Vibrant Pittsburgh is an organization that believes a more diverse and talented workforce means a more vibrant future for the Pittsburgh region. So, Vibrant Pittsburgh does things in support of that mission.
This great career panel is open to all students, both first and second year. It is being held on Wednesday, November 14 at 12pm in 3610 Posvar.
We look forward to seeing you there!