Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Internship Blog: Anthony Griffith Post #1



My name is Anthony Griffith and I am a part-time Security & Intelligence Studies major, Urban & Regional Affairs minor at GSPIA in my third year.  When I first enrolled at GSPIA, I had intentions of working in local government, but as time passed and I took classes that covered a global capacity, specifically those of Dr. Michael Kenney and Dr. Muge Finkel, my interests had changed.  Late in the spring semester, I changed from an Urban & Regional Affairs major to Security & Intelligence Studies.

I am currently employed at the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office detailed to the Investigations Division as a civilian.  My current duties range from administrator of our reporting system, handling the Office's social media platforms and assisting detectives in their pursuit of locating wanted fugitives.

Upon graduating from GSPIA in spring 2017, I would like to pursue a career in counter terrorism with either the CIA or FBI.  Unfortunately, being a part-time student does not leave much time for me to fit in an internship.  I discussed my dilemma with Sheriff Mullen and he explained that I could do an internship with the ACSO, specific to the Investigations Division with whom I work with on a daily basis.

Since beginning my internship at at the end of the spring semester, I have had the opportunity to work with all three of the office's fugitive squads (AM & PM Fugitive and Non-Support), as well as in conjunction with our FBI-detailed deputies and their squads.  We have pursued fugitives of all sorts; including Megan's Law Violators, Firearm Violators and Homicide suspects, to name a few.  


No comments:

Post a Comment