Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Internship Blog: Luke West, Post #2

Bloggers

I hate bloggers. I don’t know exactly what it is, probably the narcissistic and self-conceited people that usually write them.  Do you really need to tell the world you’re a vegan?  Wow! You don’t eat gluten and feel great? Excuse me while I devour this hamburger.  The only people I dislike more than bloggers are the work-out freaks on facebook, posting their daily routines and green shakes. You don’t look healthy, you look sickley. Especially the ones who feel the need to apply 14 cans of bronzer and “compete.” I’d rather be a vegan. I knew a blogger girl pretty well once.  I’ve never met anyone more into herself.  Although now she is almost a doctor, and a year younger than me, so maybe I’m on to something.

No, I’m blogging ony for a few reasons.  For one, I’ve was contemplating it for this trip, mainly because how many people get to experience India? For my family and friends, it is a great way to relate my trip.  As you all know, I’m not the best at “expressing myself” to others or telling stories, so this is a great way.  Plus it’ll help me remember some of the daily happenings that I’ll probably forget by the time I’m home.  Secondly, I recently received an email from Pitt asking if I’d like to blog my intership for current and prospective students. The third, and probably main, reason I’m writing this is beceause it is a great way to practice writing.  I hate writing, and the only form I ever partake in is for academic papers. And I’m admittedly not that great.  The only way to improve is to practice. So this blog, is a avenue for me to practice writing.  Maybe I can eventually be on the level of my peers at Pitt, of whom many are brillant, hard working readers, writers and students.

It’s Sunday morning now. Been a very lazy weekend, haven’t done much exploring or anything besides a few trips down the street to grab some food.  Vargese (my boss) and his family and friends are some of nicest and most generous people I’ve met.  I’ve been enjoing their company, hanging out, eating a little. Mostly I’ve been sleeping, jet-lag is no joke. I’m playing my first game of cricket later today. Varghese’s church has a Sunday tradition of playing.  It’s about 90 out, so it should be hot and confusing.  Tomorrow I’ll have a better idea of my duties as an intern and what the remainder of my time here will entail (I know it’ll involve some travel which I’m looking forward to).  Now something about wickets and overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment