Monday, June 29, 2015

Internship Blog: Qianyu Mo Post #3



Casual Friday- Dress down!!!

As I mentioned in the previous posts, this three-month internship is my first formal “job” in the United States. The career life here can be totally different from the life of career in China including different cultures, customs and business languages. But still, I do agree that it is a precious opportunity for me to start over and learn new things having ideas in different cultures and habits.

 See, Casual Friday is just like a new term and a culture shock that surprises me a lot.
It was my last day of the first week and also the first casual Friday in my internship period. My colleague Sandy did tell me that Friday was a different day to dress in a casual way with jeans. But still, with an uncertainty, I wore a piece of denim skirt, and came to the office as usual. And I finally knew what the exact dress code on Friday was. Lol Well…Sandals and jeans should be the best couple on Friday. In this day, people usually do their works in an easier mind with less stress different from other weekdays. Casual dress makes contributions to people working in a pleased mind and the relaxed atmosphere in the workplace. 


 It is a new experience for me, a beginner of the workplace again. Moreover, I could not imagine that my first week was over so fast. I had already got my work started which is a twelve-week big zoning ordinance project for the Borough.

No comments:

Post a Comment